- This event has passed.
Paper Shredding Event
Monday, June 6, 8:00 am - 11:00 am
A free paper shredding event will be held on Monday, June 6, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Macon County Environmental Management Recycling Center, 1750 N. 21st Street, Decatur. No registration is required for this event. Residents are invited to bring confidential documents, files and other sensitive information for on-site shredding. Cars must stay in the traffic flow lane and wait their turn to be allowed service.
- Limit of 5 standard size boxes or bags per vehicle
- Staples or paper clips do not need to be removed prior to shredding
- Participants are not allowed to park off to the side and bring boxes or bags in order to skip the lines, you will be required to wait in your car and in line for your turn
- Businesses are welcome to set up an appointment with C.O.P.S. to service their needs at a future time, as this is a service for consumers
- Please make sure there are no batteries, electronics, or large metal/wood in the material that you are designating for shredding, this can damage the shredding system
- No plastic, glass, trash or other non-paper contaminants are allowed for shredding
- All materials presented to C.O.P.S. will be shredded on site and recycled through its parent company, Midwest Fiber
- C.O.P.S. reserves the right to turn any participant away if they are not complying with the policies and procedures
This event is being sponsored by Macon County Environmental Management Department. Event-specific inquiries, such as date, time and general information can be obtained by calling 217-425-4505.